ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ("User") REGISTERING TO AND/OR USING ERICSSON LABS AGREES TO AND IS BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS (the "Agreement"):
1. Access to the Site functionality
Ericsson Labs http://labs.ericsson.com is a site (the "Site") providing users information about research and innovation and the possibility to interact with researchers at Ericsson. The Site offers publications, new beta services and applications, discussions in blogs, and use of APIs and enablers. The "Site" includes any service, application, content, tools and documentation (collectively "Resources") included or associated with the Site.
The Resources of the Site are experimental in nature, in testing phase, and not released for commercial distribution. The User may only use the Site and the Resources as set out in this Agreement and as otherwise specified on the Site.
The User expressly confirms that the User is aware, understands and agrees that;
- the Site is experimental in nature, is still in concept development phase and is only made available for testing and feedback purposes;
- the Site is made available "as is" with no warranty of any kind and the User uses the Resources at its own risk.
- Ericsson may at any time modify or discontinue availability of the Resources without any notification and with no liability in relation to any user of the Resources;
- User is solely responsible for (if relevant) any access and communication charges (e.g. data traffic charges) that might be incurred using the Site (including APIs);
- Ericsson shall be entitled to store and handle User?s particulars (sw "personuppgifter")
- When the User actively participates and provides comments, suggestions, data, or other information to Ericsson (collectively "Information") Ericsson shall have the right to retain and use any such Information in current or future products or services, without further compensation to you. To the extent such Information is protectable under intellectual property laws, you agree to cooperate with Ericsson as needed to obtain such protection as Ericsson may desire and you agree to assign your rights to such Information to Ericsson
2. Responsibility for content and code of conduct
All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originate. The User are solely responsible for all Content that the User upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available on the Site or in relation thereto. Ericsson does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Content and will under no circumstances be liable for Content.
User agrees not to attempt to damage, deny service to, hack, crack, reverse-engineer, or otherwise interfere with the Site. User agrees to fully indemnify Ericsson for any and all costs and damages including but not limited to any indirect and consequential damages, that may arise as a result of such interference or any other acts by User.
User further agrees not to use the Site to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an Ericsson official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent User?s affiliation with a person or entity;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that User do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- interfere with or disrupt the service or servers or networks connected to the service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the service;
- violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including rules of any national or other securities exchange or any other regulations having the force of law.
Ericsson will co-operate with the authorities in investigating and prosecuting any User who interferes the Site, attempts to defraud Ericsson, or which through Use of the Site commits or attempts to commit or promote criminal activities.
Ericsson reserves the right to refuse any or all service to a User for any reason, at any time, at Ericsson sole discretion. User agrees that Ericsson may at any time and in its sole discretion block User?s IP and/or take such other actions that disallows User's continued use of the Site.
3. Modification of Site
Ericsson reserves the right to, at any time and from time to time, modify the Site (or any part thereof e.g. the Resources) with or without notice. Ericsson shall not be liable to User or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site.
4. Permits, consents and compliance with legislation
User warrants and represents that:
- User shall comply to any applicable legislation, regulations and generally accepted industry codes related to User?s activities related to the use of the
Resources and Information including but not limited to market-,consumer-, personal data- and e-commerce legislation and regulations, all to the extent applicable; and
- all necessary licenses and consents (including but not limited to owners of personal data and end-users in relation to services requiring positioning) have been obtained by User to use the Site, Resources and/or Information or to be engaged in related activities.
In case of breach of any of the above warranties, the User shall at its own cost promptly correct such breach. Further, the User shall be liable towards Ericsson for any damages incurred due to such breach.
In the event that the User does not promptly correct any breach, Ericsson shall in addition to other remedies be entitled, either by itself or through a third party, to make necessary corrections, at the User?s expense.
Ericsson reserves the right to monitor, log, analyze and review any and all usage of the API and associated services.
6. Disconnection etc.
Ericsson may at any time modify or discontinue availability of APIs and other resources on the Site without any notification and with no liability in relation to any user of the APIs;
Ericsson may, at its sole discretion, at any time with no liability or obligation, terminate the User's license to use the Enabler, suspend and/or disconnect any and all services developed by the User using resources from the Site and/or revoke the User's API key for use of any API.
The User's exclusive and sole remedy under this Agreement shall be for Ericsson to repay any fees corresponding to any unused access to the Enabler, provided that the termination, suspension and/or disconnection is not a consequence of the User's breach of this Agreement.
If the User wishes to use APIs and other resources in any manner or for any purpose inconsistent with the terms of this Agreement or any documents incorporated by reference, the User may do so only by obtaining Ericsson's prior written authorization. Please send an email to email@example.com in order to request such authorization.
8. Copyright, intellectual property rights and trademarks
The Site, including the Resources, is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties.
All title and copyrights in and to the Site (and the Resources) are owned by Ericsson or its suppliers. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the Content which may be accessed through use of the Site is the property of the respective Content owner and also may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
User acknowledges that "ERICSSON ///" is the corporate trademark of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson and that both "Ericsson" and the figure "///" are important features of the trade names of Ericsson. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to grant User any right, title or interest in the word "Ericsson" or the figure "///".
9. Links to third parties
Ericsson makes no claims or representations about any Web Site not under Ericsson control that a User may access by link, frame, or any other means ("Linked Site"). Any link, frame, or any other means to access any Linked Site provided by Ericsson or otherwise from an Ericsson service does not constitute Ericsson endorsement, recommendation, or acceptance of any responsibility for the content of that Linked Site or the operators of that Linked Site.
10. Limitation of Liability
ERICSSON AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, LACK OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS MADE AVAILABLE DURING THE TRIAL AND/OR THROUGH THE SITE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, SERVICES, RELATED GRAPHICS AND THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ERICSSON AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE SITE,INFORMATION PROVIDED IN RELATION TO THE SITE, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
ERICSSON SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, ANY MATERIAL OR DATA SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED, OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO USING THE SITE. ERICSSON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY THREATENING, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONTENT OR CONDUCT OF ANY OTHER PARTY OR ANY INFRINGEMENT OF ANOTHER'S RIGHTS, INCLUDING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. ERICSSON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT SENT USING AND/OR INCLUDED IN AN ERICSSON SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
This agreement shall remain in force for as long the User is registered ("Term") starting from the date of registration.
Notwithstanding the foregoing Ericsson shall be entitled to at any time during the Term immediately terminate this Agreement, this Site and the use of any service, tool and documentation included or associated with this Site.